Tuesday, January 12, 2010

confusion preceeds understanding

The picture is starting to shape up!!!

Almost a month after I wrote my first entry, and after the on campus session we had last week, everything started to be a lot clearer in my head.

Our teacher gave us books of the online courses we would be teaching, sat us in groups and made us discuss what tools (which by the way we are at this point decently proficient at) from the ones learned in our course we could apply with our future students. How fascinating!!! putting what you've learned into practice! That is the best part of learning. My partners and I could think of plenty uses for the Web 2.0 tools in an online English class. That experience was so important because it allowed us to exchange ideas and get feedback on the activities we thought about. I could finally go from "WHAT" to "HOW."
Our next assignment is to create three activities for the courses we'll be teaching, which means we are in my favorite part of learning level: application and creation. I now do not have to convince myself that using web 2.0 tools to teach english makes sense.... I am convinced already!! Confusion absolutely preceeds understanding

2 comments:

  1. Yes, application and creation is the most fascinating moment in our learning process. it is also the moment with lots of responsibility because we have to guide and fascilitate our students´success.
    I am sure your will continue growing in this path of web 2.0 tools and that you will also succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job! I enjoyed enough reading your latest article to read it again and again! It was so helpful. Waiting for your next entry.

    cursos ingles gratis internet

    ReplyDelete